According to a 2013 Gallup survey of Canadian Workers, 16% are engaged at work. Working with passion they feel a connection to their company, driving innovation to move the organization forward.
70% of employees are unengaged, essentially sleepwalking through their day putting in time, lacking energy and passion in their work.
At the bottom are the 14% that are actively disengaged. Profoundly unhappy at work they’re busy acting out their unhappiness undermining the progress made by others in their organization.
One of the places we can find a source of purpose is through our work. A connection to purpose at work has many benefits:
- increased feelings of positivity and optimism.
- increased resiliency to life’s ups and downs.
- we’re more committed to our goals.
- have higher levels of self-esteem.
- higher sense of self-efficacy leading to increased trust in our relationships.
- higher levels of physical and mental health. And we’re more likely to live longer.
- less psychological distress.
- lower levels of depression and anxiety.
To increase engagement and alignment with purpose, contact us today.