Sometimes it’s hard to imagine a goal you might want to pursue. Perhaps like many you’ve had dreams and goals in the past that have not been realized. Maybe because you tried and given up. Or may be it was something out of your control. Life’s like that and lots can happen.
When someone asks about your goals perhaps you find you have few things (or nothing) on the list. Or maybe there is something begging to come out but you immediately stop it from surfacing as your inner critic takes over saying something like “It’s never going to happen because (insert your excuse here).” or “Where is the money going to come from?” or a host of other things. I’m sure you have your usuals.
If you want your dreams to become reality you have to start nurturing them. Like any beautiful garden, it won’t happen if you don’t plant the seeds, feed and water them, take care of them as they bloom, and keep the pests from destroying them.
Here are a few tips for planting your seeds to awaken your dreams and goals:
- Grab a pen and paper and begin writing down some things that would be cool to do in your lifetime.
- Cover all areas of your life and be as detailed as you can. If you want to travel list the cities or countries you want to visit. Don’t just put down “travel more”.
- When your inner critic starts popping in with “buts” and “as ifs” mentally give it some time off and shoo it away. Now go back to your list.
- Imagine there are no barriers to your list of dreams. This task is just about the What and not the How.
- Aim for at least 25 things and eventually get to 100 things. If you can only think of a few right now that’s OK. More will come as you awaken this part of you.
This is just the start of your beautiful Dreams Garden. It’s the first step and it’s an important one. You can’t have a beautiful garden without the seeds right? Enjoy the process and remember to celebrate once you’ve completed this step. Exciting times ahead!